
I decided to use one of my favourite pictures that was sent to me by one of my close friends. It was originally black and white and they colored it in using Photoshop. When I first saw it, I was breath taken by it's symbolism, and my instant interest in it. I draw many things, and if something is visually appealing to me, then I'll like it no matter what. The way my friend used colours to enhance the meanings of the picture is what really gets me.
As you can see, it is a picture of a man who seems to be a vampire. He has his eyes covered by his hair, meaning that he is lost or isolated from the world. The sight of fangs make me think that he is not afraid to defend himself. He has obviously been through a lot, seeing as to how his heart is bleeding. Heartbreak is devastating for some people, and not so much to others. I admire how he seems to be calm through all of the pain. His wearing of a suit gives it a very mature, and adult look to it. It is interesting to see that he has wings, through all of the other devilish things. He could be described as a "Fallen Angel" possibly, because he know dwells in darkness, where he once had been good. The fire on his wings show that the wings are being burned away and his past is causing him to be destroyed. Finally, he treasures that one last kiss on his cheek. Although it bleeds, it is a reminder of what he once had.
This picture means all this to me, and more. I truly am inspired by how simplistically beautiful it is, in a dark sort of way. Appreciate it a lot Eddie.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
One Picture
Posted by
The Empty Spoon
at
12:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
POOOOOOON
Post a Comment